General Education Assessment
2020 - 2022 Cycle
- 2020-2021 is a Data Collection Year. All GE courses are required to administer an integreated GE/QEP assessment activity during either Fall 2020 or Spring 2021 for data analysis and interpretation.
- Data score reports are due Friday, July 30, 2021. See below for sampling procedures and data submission forms.
- 2021-2022 is an Implementation Year. All GE courses should implement changes to improve student learning (based on the 20-21 assessment activity data).
- Narrative reports are due Friday, May 6, 2022. These reports detail the implementation and changes made. See below for the report form.
2018 - 2020 Cycle
- 2018 - 2019 was a data collection year for GenEd Assessment. Data scores were due Friday, August 30, 2019.
2019-2020 was an implemenation year. Narrative reports were due Friday, May 1, 2020.
GE Assessment Guidelines:
- 2020 - 2022 Assessment Cycle Timeline
- Commonly Asked Questions
- GE Assessment Review Form: The General Education Assessment Committee uses this form to evaluate submitted reports.
- Sampling Procedures for Multi-Section Courses
- Sample of Data Summary & Use of Data
- Using Data from Course Assessments
Rubrics for GE Assessment: Integrated GE/QEP Rubrics for Assessment
- ALL Integrated Rubrics QEP & GE Goals
- 1A/B Written Communication
- 1C Oral Communication
- 2 Quantitative Reasoning
- 3A Arts
- 3B Humanities
- 4 Natural Sciences
- 5A Historical Perspectives
- 5B Social & Behavior Sciences
- 6 Diversity
GE Assessment Forms for 2020 - 2022 cycle:
Data Submission Form(s):
- Open the corresponding Excel file (attached below - scroll to the bottom of this page)
- Complete the Form
- Email the completed file/form to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 30, 2021.
Narrative Report Form: Email the completed file/form to email@example.com by May 6, 2022.
Questions? Contact Information
Erin Presley, Ph.D., Associate Professor of English
Bethany Miller, Ph.D., Senior Director, Institutional Effectiveness & Research