General Education Assessment
2022 - 2024 Cycle
Update Fall 2023: We are concluding the first year of EKU's two year General Education cycle. Alongside your course-level assessment efforts is the launch of EKU's Experience Excellence plan, which has precipitated a refreshed approach to the EKU strategic planning and assessment process. Please see the updates below about how this inproved approach affects the General Education assessment process.
- The General Education course assessment process will continue to have a two-year cycle.
- 2022-2023 was the Data Collection Year. All GE courses were required to administer an integreated GE/QEP assessment activity during either Fall 2022 or Spring 2023 for data analysis and interpretation.
- Please keep your data files on hand and available for fall. The data files will NOT be collected in between assessment reports.
- A revised assessment and reporting form has been created - STAR for GE Courses - to use for Spring 2024 submissions.
- The Academic Planning and Assessment (APAC) committee is actively seeking new members to provide peer reviews for STAR reports, including General Education assessment reports.
Questions? Please contact:
Erin Presley and JP Stearns (General Education Committee, Co-Chairs, 2023-2026)
Jennifer Wies and Bethany Miller (Academic Planning and Assessment Committee Co-Chairs)
GE Assessment Forms for 2022 - 2024 cycle:
GE Assessment Guidelines:
- Commonly Asked Questions
- Sampling Procedures for Multi-Section Courses
- Sample of Data Summary & Use of Data
- Using Data from Course Assessments
Rubrics for GE Assessment: Integrated GE/QEP Rubrics for Assessment
- ALL Integrated Rubrics QEP & GE Goals
- 1A/B Written Communication
- 1C Oral Communication
- 2 Quantitative Reasoning
- 3A Arts
- 3B Humanities
- 4 Natural Sciences
- 5A Historical Perspectives
- 5B Social & Behavior Sciences
- 6 Diversity