General Education Course Assessment
- 2018-19 is a data collection year for GenEd Assessment. All GenEd courses are required to administer an assessment task during AY18-19 to collect data for analysis and interpretation. Data/scores must be submitted by Friday, August 30, 2019 (see below for GE Assessment Data Submission forms).
- The assessment task for Elements 1AB, 1C, 3A, 3B, and 5A must also integrate a QEP Critical Reading Activity.
- Elements 2, 4, 5B, and 6 must develop a QEP Critical Reading Activity to incorporate into a future GenEd assessment task and submit it to Erin Presley by December 2, 2018.
- During 2019-20, GenEd courses should implement changes to improve student learning (based on the results of 2018-19 assessment task data). Reports detailing implementation and changes will be submitted in April 2020 - more information will be provided at a later date.
GE Assessment Guidelines:
- 2018 - 2020 Schedule of Assessment of GE Courses
- Commonly Asked Questions
- GE Assessment Review Form: The General Education Assessment Committee uses this form to evaluate submitted reports.
- Sampling Procedures for Multi-Section Courses
- Sample of Data Summary & Use of Data
- Using Data from Course Assessments
Rubrics for GE Assessment: Rubrics used to assess the Six Elements of GE Courses
- ALL Integrated Rubrics QEP & GE Goals
- Integrated Element 1A/B Written Communication QEP & GE Goals
- Element 1C Oral Communication
- Integrated Element 1C Oral Communication QEP & GE Goals
- Element 2 Math/Stats
- Integrated Element 2 Math/Stats QEP & GE Goals
- Element 3A Arts
- Integrated Element 3A QEP & GE Goals
- Element 3B Humanities
- Integrated Element 3B QEP & GE Goals
- Element 4 Natural Sciences
- Integrated Element 4 Natural Sciences QEP & GE Goals
- Element 5A Historical Perspectives
- Integrated Element 5A QEP & GE Goals
- Element 5B Social Sciences
- Integrated Element 5B QEP & GE Goals
- Element 6 Diversity
- Integrated Element 6 Diversity QEP & GE Goals
GE Assessment Data Submission Forms:
- Open the corresponding Excel file (attached below - scroll to the bottom of this page)
- Complete the Form
- Email the completed file/form to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 30, 2019.
Questions? Contact Information
Erin Presley, Ph.D., Associate Professor of English
Bethany Miller, Ph.D., Assistant Director of Assessment