COURSE Assessment Information
NOTE: ALL ASSESSMENT DATA SHOULD BE ENTERED ELECTRONICALLY. See "GE Assessment Report Links" on this page.
Documents on this page related to assessment of COURSE OUTCOMES. For program outcomes, please see "program assessment" link.
- Assessment Guidelines: Commonly asked questions; Schedule for assessment of GE courses; Sample data report; Sample use of data.
- Criteria for Courses: Criteria explaining philosophical aims of each Element.
- Rubrics for Assessment: Rubrics used to assess GE courses:
DEFINITIONS: Course Assessment vs. Program Assessment
Rubrics can be used to assess course-level work and program-level work.
- For course level, the standard we use to evaluate students' work is "What do I expect of students in this class?" Thus, course-level expectations change depending on the level of the course, e.g. faculty have different expectations for students in 200 vs 400-level courses.
- For program level, the standard we use to evaluate is "What do I expect students in this progam to know/be able to do by the time they graduate?" Thus, program-level expectations remain consistent because they are outcomes that all faculty in a program agree are important for students to acheive by the time the students graduate with a degree in that specific program.